The Family Court determines the best interests of the minor child(ren) of the marriage. Best interests of the minor child(ren) means the Court considers the interests of the children have priority over the interests of the parents.
- Parenting education program attendance
- Negotiation and preparation of voluntary plans for co-parenting
- Appointment of and relations with guardian ad litem and/or attorney for minor children
- Negotiation and litigation of child custody issues
- Family studies by Family Services Division of Family Court
- Private family studies by family and child mental health professionals